February 6, 2008

Winter at the Zoo!

Steve and Elsa checking out the black bears


WE WANT SUMMER! We are sick of being stuck inside so we decided to brave the cold and go to the zoo. It was a balmy 32 degrees on Saturday, perfect for a day at the zoo right? It was actually not too bad. I wore my "not so fashionable" Ricks College coat. Luckily my family was not too embarrassed by me. I was warm, thats what matters. But I must say, winter at the zoo is the BEST. All of the animals were out and active. We saw the cougar, tiger, wolf, giraffes and bears up close and personal. It was really fun. I highly recommend going in the winter, forget 101 degrees in the summertime. This was much better!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

good idea! i've always heard it's better to go in the winter. we'll have to try it!