April 4, 2012

Opening Night Cobb Salad

It is opening night of North Point Elementary's production of "Mary Poppins". So, I decided to make a delicious Cobb Salad for dinner for Mrs. Banks before the show.

I have actually been craving this salad for sometime. Can't wait to eat it!

Start with a bed of greens. I used the following:

2 Hearts of Romaine
2 cups baby spinach
10 pieces of bacon, roughly chopped
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced

3 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper, grilled, drizzled with lemon juice
4 hard boiled eggs
4 roma tomatoes, chopped

Vinaigrette Dressing:
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Cute Allie - Jane, Grace - Mrs. Banks, and Bailey - Mary Poppins! So fun!



3 comments:

Jill said...

You are such a good cook Jaime! I wish I could come and see the play.

Andrea said...

so yummy! Remember when we were obsessed with the ceaser salad at Fridays in college? We even ate there in when the power was out one day. Your salad looks delish.

Jaime said...

I totally remember that Andrea! I miss you! Let's go out sometime soon!