May 17, 2012

Aebleskivers


We love Aebleskivers! 

They are delicious and I highly recommend purchasing a Aebleskiver pan. 

You can't make them without the proper cooking pan.

Here is how we do it! There are more complicated recipes out there that involve separating eggs and whipping the egg whites. Much too much work in my humble opinion, this one is great.


Start by making the batter:
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
3 T sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 C milk
3 T butter

Mis wet and dry ingredients separately then pour together and mix well. Be careful not too over mix. 

Cooking instructions:


Add melted butter to Aebleskiver pan, heated over medium heat. 

Slowly add the batter to each section of pan. 

Do not over fill. 

It only takes about a tablespoon to fill 3/4 of the way up each section.

I use a bamboo skewer to carefully lift and turn the Aebleskiver to cook each side.

Keep rotating the "pancake" to ensure the inside is fully cooked.

Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar, fruit or jam. 

FYI... I have to double this batch for my family. They are eaten as quickly as I make them. In fact, I really need another pan to cook more at a time.


1 comment:

Jill said...

I've got to get myself one of those pans!