August 10, 2010

Saying Goodbye



Its a sad sad day at our house today..... I am now an official "mom". You would have thought giving birth to 4 children would have made me feel like a mom. Right? Nope... it is saying goodbye to my cute Acura MDX and welcoming a mini van into the family. I am going to stop wearing make up and start wearing "MOM JEANS". That is what I told Steve today. He has no idea what he has got himself into... just wait!

This is a picture of Steve driving away with my car and he is bringing home the Van. I fought it for a year, but had to give up the fight. Everday when all six of us piled into the MDX Steve would tell me how he hated the car, how it was much to small for a family with four kids, how when we went to Costco and forgot we had the stroller in the back.... we had to pile gallons of milk and frozen chicken on the childrens laps... He hated how we had to put luggage on the top when we wanted to make a quick weekend trip to St. George. Don't even get him started about driving all the way to Disneyland with all the kids and all their crap in that tiny car.

Seriously a sad day. I will post the picture of the "new" car when it gets here.

5 comments:

brooke said...

Welcome to the club! You've been demoted. Actually, you are going to love it-I promise. I love my van and I'm totally over the uncoolness factor!

Jill said...

I bet you are going to love all the room you will have. You can still be cool in a minivan. Everyone is doing it.

Natalie said...

I fought it, too, but trust me you'll love it!

forget laundry said...

you and mom jeans don't mix. you will still be as stylish as ever. good luck with adjustment stage- I think you will learn to love :)

Cyndi said...

You are sooo funny! I had the same identity crisis when we got our van...it's like you're officially saying goodbye to any coolness you had:) I have to say it though, we've had our van 5 years & I wouldn't trade it in for anything! It's so much easier with kids. JUST SAY NO TO THE MOM JEANS and I still think you're cool:)