July 22, 2008

"God Bless America"



Last Wednesday, my sweet mom became a citizen of the United States. She moved here over 40 years ago to attend BYU, while going to school she met my Dad and they got married. They moved to Canada while my Dad was attending medical school. Then after having Jason and Jill in Canada, they moved back to the states and have been here ever since. I think she always planned on becoming a citizen but just never got around to it. Now because of security issues when traveling back and forth, tax reasons, etc, etc, she just did it! My dad, Alissa, and I were there to support her. It was a really interesting ceremony. Different than I had expected. But a really neat experience!

2 comments:

Jill T said...

Wow! Congratulations Lenda!

Carol said...

What a great moment to share with your mom. That is so exciting!