July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day Adventure!

We decided to hike up to Timpanogos Cave for Pioneer Day. We thought we were getting pretty adventurous with three kids. My sister Alissa joined us and we had a great time. It was harder than I remember. (Maybe because I am 10 years older since the last time I hiked it!) But the kids did GREAT! Ethan, who sometimes has a hard time walking to the neighbors house, walked to whole time. All three miles. Gracie did great too! We were so proud of them!!!
Steve carried Elsa on his back all the way up the mountain. She thought it was pretty fun. She kept saying "Coming Mommy, coming Mommy?" the whole time if she could not see me. I thought it was so cute, Steve got kind of annoyed!

Ethan and the "Heart of Timpanogos"!


Gracie got really cold in the cave so she put her hood up. The 43 degrees inside the cave felt great to me after the mile and a half up hill climb!







Here is a picture of Elsa and I inside the cave. Elsa got tired and kept saying she was ready to go home. About 1/2 way through the cave she ended up falling asleep. That was interesting trying to manuvuer around the rock formations and try not to wake her up at the same time. But I was glad she was asleep!

2 comments:

Carol said...

It looks like you had a fun 24th of July! It is fun to have two holidays to celebrate in July. Hopefully we can get together soon to celebrate Steve's birthday.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Grace is adorable with that hood up lookn all cold. And is that a sucker she is holding while hiking. Jaime, you are the queen of suckers. My kids would love to go hiking with you if you get suckers while you hike :) Ethan is quite the trooper.