April 15, 2009

YUM!

I love strawberries! No, seriously LOVE strawberries. The other day I went to Costco and by the time I got back to the produce section, the strawberries were gone. I nearly went ape on the Costco man when he told me they ran out. I almost stole some out of a woman's cart when she was not looking. But I didnt. Anyway, I am always looking for good recipes that call for them. Here is a really good one! My friend Lorilee made this last week for our recipe group. It was SO good, we ate the whole thing. It is so yummy and prefect for Spring and Summer!

Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips (Pampered Chef)

CINNAMON CHIPS

4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

FRUIT SALSA

2 med Granny Smith apples
1 cup strawberries -- sliced (or use more)
1 kiwi fruit -- peeled and chopped
1 small orange
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp apple jelly

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on round baking stone or cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop with food chopper. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Zest orange and juice. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently. Serve with cinnamon chips.

5 comments:

brooke said...

I love strawberries too but I can't really picture the cinnamon chips in this. Maybe I'll have to try it--I do take your word that it is good!

Jill said...

Oh yeah, I hear you. If I were stranded on a desert island and could only eat one thing...strawberries. Here is my dilemma though, Dave grows them in the back yard and they are great. But, I always feel like I am insulting him when I buy them. I mever feel like I get enough during the season. Remember when mom would buy flats of them and we would just go nuts? Did you take that picture? It is so beautiful.

The Hobson Clan said...

That looks so yummy! I'll definitely have to try it! Do you still do the recipe group with the girls from Draper? Let's get together this summer! It's been way too long!

Jaime said...

We sould LOVE to get together with you guys! How are you? I have not talked to you forever!!!!

denabobena said...

Strawberries with ganauche are my new things. Clare and I love it! You know what is funny, you said you "nearly" went ape on the costco man, I bet you did. Hee Hee. And where are you anyway, you need to blog.