June 23, 2010

RAGNAR!

This is the reason I have not done much of anything lately but run, stress out, run, get even more stressed out and run some more. But it is over and I did it and I survived! I am generally a wimp. I admit it! I really try hard not to do anything too difficult. This was hard but I did it.
If you don't know what they Ragnar Relay Race you must have been living in a hole in the ground because I was told it was the "thing" to do this year. A few months ago, I had never heard of it either. But it is a basically a 12 person relay race from Logan to Park City, 188 miles through Utah's Wasatch Back. Each person has 3 legs to run! It is none stop! We finished in just under 33 hours. Not bad for 12 moms, all in their 30's! Who knows how many kids there were between us all. Some of us run races religiously, others are total novices, some just had babies and are nursing, we even had a pregnant runner! Pretty funny!
But here are few things I learned from doing the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay Race:
  1. Sleep deprivation after having a baby is nothing. I have had 4 babies and I thought I knew what going without sleep was ... that was nothing. Try sleeping maybe 2 hours in 48 hours and running 14 miles.
  2. I can pretty much get talked into anything. Scary, I know! But true. Who in their right mind would agree to such a thing?
  3. Anyone can run! You may not love it, but you can do it! The last time I ran a mile was in 7th grade, Butler Middle School, 1st period, gym class. Nuff said!
  4. Utah is beautiful! Seriously beautiful. I knew this before but it is so true. We ran through some amazing places!
  5. You can get to know people really fast when you are with them 24 hours a day. We has some really good laughs in our van!

It was interesting because I was so worried about running, but that was kind of the easy part for me. The hard part was the complete exhaustion of the whole experience! But I have to admit that I am glad I did it! Thanks for believing in me girls!

5 comments:

brooke said...

You are awesome Jaime! You look so cute in the picture. You looked so skinny at the park yesterday-I may just have to start running too.

lelandfamily said...

Jaime, that is so amazing. That looks like it was fun and exhausting!! Can't wait to see you in a week:)

Amy M. said...

Yay Jaime! That is awesome you did Ragnar after you hadn't run a mile since Butler. Next time we are together, we must discuss. Sounds like our experiences are familiar. Hey, did I ever send you an invite to my blog. If not, let me know if you want one. Not that I've blogged in over a month, but....

Amy M. said...

Duh: similar, not familiar.

Jill said...

You are so cool Jaime! Way to go.