November 4, 2011

White Chocolate Toffee Popcorn

I have been craving this stuff like crazy lately. It is so healthy that you should probably only make it once a year and give at least half of it away. I am bringing dinner to a friend who just had a baby, so that was my excuse to make it.

Here is what you will need:
Popcorn - 3 bags of microwave popcorn (or air popped equivalent)
1 lb butter (that is 4 sticks - yes 4 sticks)
1 lb brown sugar (that is 2 2/3 cups)
1 bag pretzel sticks
2 lbs white chocolate or white almond bark

Just a word of warning ... make sure you have a helper in the kitchen when you make this. It greats a little tricky when it comes together.

Combine butter and brown sugar

Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until it reaches 290 degrees on a candy thermometer

Chop up white chocolate, it makes it much easier to melt.  
Put it in a microwave save bowl and cook on high for 90 seconds, stir and cook an additional 30 seconds. Keep stirring and heating for 30 seconds until it is smooth and melted.

Pop popcorn and make sure you remove all unpoped kernels. They could do serious damage to your teeth if you are not careful. Mix the toffee with popcorn and pretzel until well coated. Then add white chocolate and stir until coated. I used 3 bowls to achieve this. This is the tricky part.

Pour popcorn onto lined cookie sheets and allow to cool. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

OH my goodness. Where did you find this recipe? I must try it.

Jill T said...

So happy to be the reason and the recipient of this goodness! I'm so glad you posted the recipe. Jane and Kate just told me, "Mom! You HAVE to get that recipe!" Yummy stuff! Thank you!

Andrea said...

This looks so good!

brooke said...

That stuff is kryptonite for me...I lose all willpower around it...so I won't be making it!