Here is another yummy recipe I thought I would share.
We are, in fact, having this for dinner tonight!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup milk
12 ounce can evaporated milk
2 cups chicken broth
4 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup carrots, finely chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in large pot. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 10 mins over medium heat. Stirring often. Sprinkle in flour, whisk mixture until smooth and cook for about 3-5 mins stirring often. Slowly add evaporated milk, milk, and chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add carrots and broccoli and simmer for about 20 mins. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I like this soup recipe because it is a little lighter than other cheese soup recipes I have seen.
There is no half and half or heaving cream in this soup.
Some may say that is a bad thing? Right?
I am serving this with French Peasant Bread.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment