December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year we decided to make the 15 hour journey to Amarillo, Texas for Thanksgiving. Rebecca and Ed invited us to their house and we had a great time. The drive was long and hard but the kids actually did a great job. We were just outside Moab and Steve saw this cool arch. He could not resist so he hiked up to it. I did not have my good lense on my camera, so this is the closest I could get. It is Steve, I promise!

We visited the Amarillo Zoo. It was really little but we got to see the Lions up close. Callie and Gracie were inseperable the entire time we were there. They are so cute together, they love eachother so much!
A family picture at the zoo.
All the kids by the monkeys. I think monkey are nasty. I will spare you the details, but these monkeys were super nasty! My kids are still talking about it!
We went to a really fun restaurant called "The Big Texan". It was a crazy fun steakhouse where you could get a free 72 ounce steak dinner for free if you could finish it within 60 minutes. We tried to get Ed and Steve to do it, but no luck! If you did not finish everything within the 6 mins it would cost you a heafty $72.00! Yikes!
Rebecca and I both love to cook, so we had fun spending the day making our Thanksgiving feast. Good looking Turkey right! Isn't it amazing that it takes you practically 2 days to make dinner and about 25 minutes to eat. Then another 2 hours to clean up the mess..... Oh well! We had a great time and it was DELICIOUS!
We all got to open our "Thanksgiving Crackers". The kids thought they were pretty fun!
My favorite part of Thanksgiving was when we were going around the table asking everyone what they were thankful for. When we got to Anna, Ed asked her what she was thankful for .... she looked around and said "Dadda". It was so sweet. I think Steve teared up a little! What a sweet baby!

1 comment:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

That was such a fun week! I loved cooking with you. I wish were were doing our Christmas baking together. I've been pulling some recipes off PW's site to try this year. Miss ya guys.