January 13, 2011

WARNING...You may need to look away!!!

Poor little baby Anna.......
We spent the evening in the American Fork Emergency Room with little Anna. Word of warning, the following pictures are a little graphic and may freak you out.
I was in my bedroom answering a phone call when I heard Anna cry, then I heard the rest of my children start screaming and I started running. Gracie was holding Anna and her entire face was covered in blood.
I was trying to figure out what happened, trying to stop the bleeding and trying to get the other kids to calm down. They were all so worried about Anna. They were crying, screaming, saying things like, "she is going to die!" With all the blood I was a little freaked out too. I called Steve and told him to get home - FAST. Then I called my parents. I always turn to my Dad when there are medical questions. He told me to go to the nearest hosptial.... Where is the nearest hospital? We went to the American Fork Hospital Emergency Room. Poor little girl...
Everyone was really nice at the hospital. They had to sedate her so they could stitch it all up. I did not count all the stitches but there were 7-8 inside and at least 15 stitches on the outer layer. It was scary watching her come out of the medication but she did really well. We nearly lost Steve a couple of times throughout the whole thing. He looked like he does everytime I have an epidural during labor.
The nurses we really nice and gave her the Teddy Bear in the first picture. We named him "Stitches"!
We are home now and all is well.
Once we were home, the kids were able to tell me that she tripped on the entry rug, fell and hit her head on the window seal. I never thought that could be a danger. Here is another picture of the carnage. Anna keeps going over there and pointing to where all the blood was. Poor little thing.

12 comments:

Neal and Mary said...

Oh my goodness. Poor Anna. I started crying when I saw the photos. I hope that "Stitches" will comfort her! Poor Steve I felt bad for him too. Hope she heals quickly and is feeling better.
Give her a hug for us xoxoxo

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Aahhh-poor anna! I'm glad she's doing well. I think I turned white just looking at the pictures. I can't imagine being there to witness it!

Jill T said...

Oh Anna! That is a huge gash! I hope she isn't still in pain. Poor kid.

cristy said...

Poor Anna :(. That is scary!

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh! That looks very painful! Poor Anna!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I wish i was there to love on her. I feel so bad for her. Give her lots of love from us.

Steve...you crack me up.

Natalie said...

poor baby!! nothing is worse than seeing your child hurt! buy some mederma for kids quick!! i hope she doesn't have a scar :(

Alli said...

Wow, that is crazy! Poor little thing. It's amazing to see the big gash and then how much smaller it looked once she received the stitches. It sounds like she survived the ordeal surrounded by alot of love.....and I'm glad to hear Steve survived as well.

Carol said...

I'm so glad sweet Anna is recovering well. What a scarey experience for everyone! I loved spending time with the kids this weekend. Love you all!

Cammie said...

Those pictures are insane. I'm glad she's ok. Poor sweet Anna.

(Also, good job not passing out Steve.)

Edwin and Rebecca said...

oh yeah...I know you have 4 kids and all...and you've had a couple trips to the ER...but seriously...when are you going to update your kids pics on the sidebar of this blog? You don't even have a pic of Anna....and I'm still waiting for your family picture to put on my wall...

love ya.

brooke said...

I can't believe how huge that gash is!! I would have totally freaked out. I hope she is okay!