My friend Brooke gave me this book at our Gourmet Dinner Night gift exchange. It is officially my most favorite book. Not just cookbook but favorite book right now. And I love cookbooks. Sometimes I just snuggle down in bed and flip through cookbooks. It makes Steve real cranky because he says he gets really hungry when I start talking about all the delicious recipes I want to make. Anyway, back to my new favorite thing. I am going to do the "Julie and Julia" thing and cook my way through this Pioneer Woman Cookbook. My first recipe was last night and it kinda bombed! I dont know what went wrong. I made the Mocha Brownies. However, mine turned out like Brownie Soup. It was still delish don't get me wrong, but it never cooked in the middle. I used a 8/8 pan like it said and everything. Who knows! I did have 4 kids in the kitchen with me while I was trying to make it. Maybe that was my first mistake, anyway, I will try it again to see if it works .....
6 comments:
This is a fun book huh? I'm anxious to hear what recipes you try and if you like them. You're ambitious to do all of them! I just pick and choose.
Anna's pictures turned out so cute! And I liked the flowers in Grace's hair. Cute idea.
I got this for my bday last year and LOVE it. I've made a few and have loved them. My family liked the chicken spagetti and the chocolate sheet cake is fab.
I'm so glad you like it! I need to buy myself one and a few more to give as gifts. I heard her sweet rolls are divine.
Keep me posted on your favorate recipes. You are really a good cook so I am surprised that your brownies didn't turn out.
Sound like a fun adventure. You go Jaime!
I am totally impressed with your goal! I was so jazzed after Julie and Julia I bought the Julia Child cookbook hauled it all the way to Pittsburgh as my reading for the trip and have been intimidated by it since there are no pictures. So maybe I need to get Pioneer Woman and journey through it with you! I can't wait for the updates!!
Post a Comment