February 16, 2012

Homemade Hummus anyone?


Who likes hummus? I do... you can buy it at just about any grocery store. But why buy it when it is so easy to make? Seriously! So easy!

Hummus Recipe
Ingredients:
1 – 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans
2-3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
2-3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch of salt and pepper to taste ( I like to use about 2/3 tsp. of sea salt)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
water, as needed
Directions:
In a blender or food processor puree all the ingredients except water. Gradually, slowly add enough water until you reach your desired consistency. We like it with assorted veggies or cracker. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Jill said...

I've never tried hummus. Will you make it for me sometime?

Natalie Wright said...

Shelley brought me home Sesame Paste from Jordan and all I needed was a good recipe! Can't wait to try this!