I love me a good breakfast casserole! This one is my favorite, crowd pleasing recipe. I have tried dozens and I think I like this simple recipe the best. I have taken bits and pieces of different recipes over the years and this the final result. I make it every year as part of our Christmas morning brunch. It is great because you can make it ahead of time and reheat it when you are ready to eat.
Here are the ingredients:
12 large eggs
I cup of milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons dehydrated onions
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Add 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
add 1 green pepper, finely diced
1-1 1/2 cup sliced honey smoked ham- diced
I forgot to take a picture of the 1/2 package of frozen hash browns
Spray a 9X13 glass baking dish, add the frozen hash browns.
Then add the green peppers and ham over the hash browns. Pour the egg and cheese mixture on top.
Sprinkle the top with 3/4 a cup of cheese.
Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
This time I served it with a small salad with the creamy tomatillo dressing to make it a meal. I also love it with salsa and avocados.
5 comments:
You should pin your recipes on pinterest. This looks like a good one.
yumm! I will be trying this out for sure!
Can't wait to try it!
You must blog about something new. Every time I check your blog and see this it makes me hungry!
I have been looking for a breakfast casserole!
Post a Comment